- May 20, 2019
- Posted by: Shamir
- Category: Uncategorized
Mcafee Firewall is a virtual protective measure that protects your system from the outer world and filters the data that is coming through your internet connection to your system. This is another important bit for the McAfee Intel Security or for the McAfee antivirus. Packet filtering firewall, application firewall, Hybrid firewall are some example of the popular firewall. McAfee Firewall is one of the most popular firewalls in the world.
McAfee firewall is combined with McAfee Antivirus Plus, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee endpoint security including some McAfee products. And it works like a wall between the malware and the internet. McAfee Firewall has the default setting option feature, you can get the proper advantages of firewall after managing or setting the security level. There are some settings and procedure to manage the firewall have a look at the below:
Managing Mcafee Firewall Security level:
McAfee firewall has the default security level option. If you set up the default settings then the firewall will help you to preserve your system from malware and viruses. Generally, the McAfee Firewall hires the below five security levels for the high security of the system and the internet. These five security level need a set up for the best result.
How to set up the security level to ‘Lockdown’?
All internet connections can block and you can lock your firewall instantly through the Lockdown security level.
- Click on the McAfee icon (M) and open the ‘Open SecurityCenter’.
- Click the ‘Internet & Network’ in the ‘McAfee Security Center’ window then click the ‘Configure’ option.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ option from the ‘Firewall protection’ section.
- Then security level dialogue box will appear in the window, move the slider till the ‘Lockdown level’ display.
- Click ‘Ok’.
How to set up the security level to ‘Tight’?
It accommodates to Alerts you for the every inbound and outbound internet connection offer.
- Repeat the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd steps for the setup.
- After that, move the slider till the ‘Tight’ display on the current level.
- Then click the ‘Ok’ button.
How to set up the security level to ‘Stealth’?
Stealth security level blocks all the inbound internet connection. This security level always tries to ping your computer from another computer on your internet.
- Follow the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd steps of the above procedure.
- Then move the slider in the stealth position then click the ‘Ok’ button.
How to set up the security level to ‘Standard’?
Standard security level alerts you when an unknown user wants to access in your web.
- As the same process, follow the above three steps of setting up lockdown then adjust the slider in the ‘Standard’ position and click ‘Ok’.
How to set up the security level to ‘Trusting’?
Trusting level gives permission to all type of internet connection to the Program Permissions pane.
- Go to the McAfee icon>Open Security Center>Internet & Network>Configure>Firewall Protection.
- Adjust the slider in the ‘Trusting’ position and then click ‘Ok’.
Procedure to add an exception to the McAfee Firewall:
- At the begin, open the main McAfee antivirus window.
- Click on the ‘Firewall: On’ option and then click on the ‘Setting’ option.
- Click on the drop-down menu and go to the ‘Program Permissions’.
- Now select the ‘Add’ option.
- Set the ‘Access’ in ‘Full’ mode and click on the ‘Browse’ option.
- After browsing, go the ‘My Computer’ option and click on the ‘Licensing’ folder.
- Lastly, select the ‘License ServiceApp.exe’ and click the ‘Save’ option to finish attaching the ‘License’ file as an exception.
Procedure to configure the McAfee Total Protection Firewall:
- Operate your system and open the McAfee software.
- Go to the ‘Web and Email Protection’ option and click ‘Firewall’.
- Extends the ‘Ports and System Services’ option and click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Type the ‘Akruto’ text in the ‘System Service Name’ box. Add the ‘Local TCP/IP Ports’ (80,443,54321), and turn the ‘Open Ports’ to ‘All PCs’.
- Then click the ‘Save’ option and click the ‘Ports and System Service’ to finish the editing.
- Again extend the ‘Internet Connections for Programme’ an select the ‘Add’ option.
- Select ‘Browse’ then click the Auto file and ‘Save’.
- Click the ‘Internet Connections for Programs’ to finish the editing.
Enable & Disable of McAfee Firewall Protection:
1. Enable McAfee Firewall Protection:
- Go to the Windows taskbar and click on the clock.
- Double click on the icon(M) of McAfee.
- Click the arrow next to get the hidden icons if you are using Windows 7 & 8.
- Visit the ‘McAfee Security Center’ tab and click on the ‘Web and Email Protection’ option.
- Then select the ‘Firewall: Off’ and select the ‘Turn On’ option.
2. Disable McAfee Firewall Protection:
As the same process of enabling firewall protection go to the taskbar and click on the McAfee icon and if you are using the Windows 7 & 8 then click on the arrow next to display the hidden icon.
- Click the ‘Web and Email Protection’ after choosing the ‘McAfee Security Center’.
- Now click the ‘Firewall: On’ and ‘Turn Off’ option.
- After clicking the ‘Turn On’ option a confirmation dialogue box will appear. Select the ‘When do you want to
- resume the Firewall’ option from the list and select the suitable option.
- Click the ‘Turn Off’ option and then ‘Done’.
How to lock and unlock a Firewall Instantly?
1. Lock a Firewall Instantly:
- Click the McAfee icon (M) from the windows taskbar and click on the ‘Open Security Center’.
- Then select the ‘Lockdown firewall’ option.
- If the advanced menu is enabled to click the ‘Lockdown firewall’ option then go to the ‘Home’ section and click
- The ‘Lockdown Firewall’ option.
- Then click the ‘Lockdown’ and ‘Yes’ option.
2. Unlock a Firewall Instantly:
- Click on the McAfee icon and select the ‘Open Security Center’, ‘Lockdown Firewall’.
- Select the ‘Unlock’ option from the ‘Lockdown’ option and click the ‘Yes’ button to confirm the unlock process.
Procedure to allow a program to locate through McAfee Firewall:
- Go to the Windows taskbar and click on the McAfee icon and select the ‘Change Settings’ option.
- Click the ‘Firewall’ option and the ‘Internet Connection for Programs’.
- Select the program which you want to allow access.
- After this click the ‘Edit’ option and if the program is not in the list then click the ‘Add’ option and ‘browse’ to choose the program.
- Go to the ‘Access’ section and click the ‘Incoming and outgoing’ option.
- You may select ‘Outgoing Only’ option for the outgoing traffic.
- Select the ‘Use designated ports’ otherwise select the ‘Open ports to Home and Work networks’ option.
- Confirm that the ‘Net Guard’ is off and select ‘Save’.
- At last, Close the McAfee Firewall.
Procedure to restore the Firewall setting:
- Open your system and visit for the windows taskbar and click on the clock.
- Click on the McAfee logo/icon (M) and select the ‘Open SecurityCenter’.
- After selecting the ‘Open SecurityCenter’ click on the ‘Restore Firewall Defaults’ option.
- If you can’t find the ‘Restore Firewall Defaults’ option then go to the “Home’ section and click the ‘Restore Firewall Defaults’.
- Click ‘Restore Defaults’ option from the ‘Restore Firewall Protection Default’ pane.
- And click the ‘Yes’ option at the last.
How to configure the ping request setting for the Firewall?
- Click the McAfee icon (M) from the window taskbar.
- Click on the ‘Open McAfee Security Center’.
- Click the ‘Web and Email Protection from the ‘McAfee Security Center’ window.
- Then click the ‘Firewall: On’ option.
- Then choose the ‘Smart Advice and Advanced Settings’.
- Tick on the ‘Allow ICMP ping requests’ box.
- And click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- After finishing these steps a security report window will appear in the screen.
Uninstall McAfee Firewall Without Disc:
- In the beginning, open your system & if you running some program in your system in the uninstall time then close all the running programs.
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and select the ‘Search’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Control Panel’ from the window apps and go to the ‘More Setting’ to click the ‘Programs and Features’.
- Select the McAfee version which you have already installed in your system from the program list.
- Then click ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, the McAfee Security Center window will appear in your desktop, uncheck all the boxes except ‘Personal Firewall’.
- If the ‘Personal Firewall’ is not checked then ensure that it is checked and click the ‘Remove’ option.
- Again click the ‘Remove’ option for the confirmation.
- Wait for some time to complete the removing process and after the completion of the process reboot your system.
- You can also remove the McAfee Firewall through the help of McAfee Removal Tool.
Difference between Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall:
1. Windows Firewall:
- The windows firewall automatically installed in your system during the set up of windows operating system.
- You have to pay for technical support in the Windows Firewall.
- The Window firewall is designed for a single system against hackers, viruses, and malware while your computer is running in the background.
- It provides you free updates for the whole time.
2. McAfee Firewall:
- You have to install and pay for the McAfee Firewall separately.
- You didn’t need to pay for the technical support.
- The McAfee Firewall is designed for the needs of the business for network security and not just for an individual system.
- It provides free updates during the licensing time.
How the Skybag Enhance the feature of McAfee Firewall?
- Increasing of new advanced security feature and availability
- Reducing management costs
- Gain visibility and control
- Better optimization firewall performance
- Virtual security for your internet
- Identify the close security gap
In this blog, we tried our best to give all the information about the McAfee Firewall. If you have any problem related to the above procedures or any issues related to McAfee then contact our McAfee Customer Service Phone Number. You can easily get the solutions from our McAfee Customer Service expert. At the last of the blog, we will suggest you to keep installing McAfee antivirus for the total protection of system and web.