In most of the time, we notice some spams and viruses entered to our mail those which may be getting in through the webmails or from the spam emails. We can protect our mail from the spams through the McAfee Web gateway or by the help of McAfee Email Gateway. MEG is known as the Iron mail to boost the email security and combine your defenses with the threat protection, outbound data loss prevention and provide protection to your system against the spams, viruses, and malware.
The Email Gateway is also a content management device with an advanced threat defense detection. This advanced threat protection is combined with the low-touch antivirus signatures and real-time emulation to analyze the actual behavior of malware. We can connect the McAfee Multi-Access in the MEG.
McAfee ATD (Advanced Threat Defense) :
McAfee ATD stands for McAfee Advanced Threat Defense. It is a virtual machine which can treat us to identifies the involved threats, spams and hard to detect threats. If Email gateway is merged with the McAfee advanced threat defense and the McAfee ATD is merged with the TIE (Threat Intelligence Exchange) and DEL (Data Exchange Layer). The analysis of McAfee ATD makes the McAfee Email Gateway powerful. It helps to support the SOC ( Security Operations Center) and make enable investigation. This is the mixture of depth static code analysis, dynamic analysis and machine learning to detect the proper analyzing data. McAfee ATD reduces the cost with the centralized deployment that which supports the multi-protocols. The tight combination between McAfee ATD and security devices from the network edge through the McAfee endpoint protection, to enable the integrated security device to make urgent action when the McAfee ATD ( Advanced Threat Defense) declare a file as a malicious file.
Key Advantages of McAfee Email Gateway (MEG):
McAfee Email platform will give you all the facilities and protection which you want to get from any antivirus device. There are some new key advantages and features of the McAfee Email Gateway, have a look at the below list:
- Provides protection against all inbound threats.
- Block the outbound data loss.
- Simply analyze your email security management.
- Reputation-based spam detection
- Selection of anti-virus engines
- Zero-hour virus exposure on zero-day protection
- Pre-configured policies
- Policy-based encryption
- Flexible message delivery
Product features of McAfee Email Gateway:
Protect against all inbound threats:
It protects your system and web against all the inbound threats and identifies the incoming spams, viruses, and malware attack. It can also block the incoming spams, viruses, zer0-hour threats, malware, and DHA (Directory Harvest) for the protection of your system.
Stop outbound data loss:
Block your data leakage with proper analysis, and the technology of MEG supply the matching pattern to detect both structured and unstructured data.
Analyze E-mail security management:
Email-security gateway provides the advantages of future policy creation to reduce the costs of GLBA, SOX, HIPAA, and etc.
McAfee Email gateway protection increase the security to the Outlook Web Access.
Technical Specification of MEG:
There are some appliances required to connect the McAfee Email Gateway to the system. Have a look at the list:
- Hard Drive (300 GB)
- PC (Personal Computer)
- Email Gateway (McAfee model EG-5000)
- 4 Connector (RJ-45)
- RAM 6 GB
- Internal Power Supply
- Connectivity Technology should be wired
Advantages and disadvantages of McAfee Email Gateway:
Each and every situation give you a lesson of both advantages and disadvantages like two sides of one coin. So email Gateway has also the pros and porns in their features.
- The filtering system of McAfee Email Gateway is very clear and tough.
- Helps to configure contents for the ZIP or RAR extensions.
- McAfee Email Gateway holds the Outbound and Inbound features for better security purposes.
- The intermediate between e-mail and internet system provides an extra layer of security with the feature of spool email in the event of an email system outage.
- Many of the appliances are the McAfee end-of-life and appears McAfee not offer the service within the future.
McAfee Email Gateway appliances:
The email gateway of McAfee is combined with both inbound and outbound threat protections, and with the tightly integrated platform to maintain and manage the security protection. The McAfee antivirus provides an extra layer of protection against the multitude of blend threats. One of the other features of MEG is gateway edition software for the McAfee Email encryption software.
Versions of McAfee Email Gateway Security product:
- MEG version 6.72 Hotfix 2,
- Version 6.72 Hotfix 3,
- Version 6.72 Hotfix 4,
- Version 6.72 Hotfix 5
- MEG 7.0.0 and 7.01 (MEG 6.7.x is NOT affected)
- MEG and web security (EWS) 5.6 Patch 3 and earlier
- MEG and web security (EWS) 5.5 Patch 6 and earlier
Install an SSL certificate for McAfee Email Gateway:
- At first, get your CA Certificates to make a chain with your SSL Certificate.
- You can get the CA Certificates through the help of McAfee antivirus software and McAfee Engineer.
- Go to the Encryption and then go to the Encryption Advanced.
- Click the ‘Certificate management’, and ‘X509 Certificate’.
- Then select the ‘CSR List’.
- After clicking the ‘CSR List’ select the ‘Install’ option.
- After that select, the ‘CSR’ to perform the complete enrollment for the certificate.
- Give a password for the CSR and paste the certificate in the Geo trust text area.
- Then click ‘Submit’.
- Then change your certificate according to your need.
- Go to the ‘Intrusion defender’ and click the ‘Mail Firewall’.
- Then choose the ‘Domain Require/Deny’ option from the ‘Mail Firewall’ option.
- After that activate the ‘Enable TLS’ and ‘Requires/Deny’ options for the inbound requirement.
- Again make the same process, go to the ‘Intrusion defender’ and click the ‘Mail Firewall’ option.
- Choose the ‘Configure Mail Services’ from the ‘Mail Firewall’ tab.
- Click the ‘SMTPI Service’ from the ‘Configure Mail Services’ option.
- Activate these three options ‘TLS Required Domain’, ‘Secure Client Communication’ and ‘Enable Secure service’ for the outbound TLS required.
Steps to import TLS certificate to your Email gateway appliance:
- At first, log in to the Appliance Management Console.
- And go to the CA certificate.
- You will find two option:
- Select E-mail, Certificate Management, and Manager
- Select CA Certificates, Certificates
- Then select ‘Import CA Certificate’.
- After clicking the ‘Import CA Certificate’ a pop-up file will be displayed on your screen.
- Go to your CA Certificate and open it.
- Select the format and click the ‘Ok’ option.
- Then choose the ‘Certificate’ option and then ‘TLS Certificate and Keys’.
- Click the ‘TLS Certificate and keys’ option.
- Open the ‘TLS Certificate’.
- Click ‘OK’ after selecting your format.
- Then apply changes as required.
McAfee is the best reviewing product in the market, which can provide you the best security for any kind of problem in your web or in your system. So keep installing McAfee antivirus software to protect your mail secure and virus free in your system. At the last of the blog, If you have any issues related to McAfee Email Gateway then connect with our McAfee Customer Service team through our toll-free number. The technical team of our McAfee will troubleshoot your problem at any time and anywhere.