- April 30, 2019
- Posted by: Shamir
- Category: Uncategorized
Sometimes when we try to browse any website that you believe that the site is trustworthy but you are blocked from locating the website. And if you try to visit the website which is already blocked then a message will appear and indicate you that the site cannot be accessed for you because it is blocked by McAfee. McAfee Blocking websites generated through the McAfee SiteAdvisor.
McAfee SiteAdvisor is one type of McAfee internet security for your web. According to the millions of users, McAfee SiteAdvisor is the top 3 blacklisting authority which putting security warning on the websites. When we installed a McAfee antivirus product and activate it through mcafee.com/activate, then the program not only prevents the viruses from the system but also provides an advanced security feature to the against the dangerous websites. If McAfee Blocking Website that you know that site is safe for you and your system then you can unblock the blocked website and settle the McAfee from blocking it again.
Procedure To Remove McAfee SiteAdvisor Blacklist for McAfee Blocking Website:
- To remove the McAfee SiteAdvisor blacklist at first, make a confirmation that your site is clean. And confirm that your system is with the new updates.
- The next step to remove the McAfee SiteAdvisor Blacklist is submitting for review.
- To send request a review for of your site on the Mcafee blacklist at visit the ticketing service (trusted source) for McAfee.
- Select the ‘McAfee SiteAdvisor’ from the menu.
- And type in your URL.
- Then click the ‘Check URL’ option.
- After that review, the ‘Reputation’, ‘Categorization’ for your site review.
- Click the ‘Optional Comment’ section and enter the detail information for the cleanup.
- Then click the ‘Submit URL for review’ option.
- Now your URL is submitted for the review.
Block a Website Using McAfee Web Washer
- To block a website through the McAfee Web Washer at first, you have to log in to your McAfee Web Washer.
- Navigate your URL using the filtering tab.
- After that verify that you have a security policy selected for which you want to edit the rules.
- Go to the ‘Expression’ option and choose ‘Filter’.
- You can input the domain below the Expression list option which you want to block the website.
- Skip the string value default option selected.
- Fill out a short description of the website credential.
- Agree with the ‘Add to all Policies’ and tick in the ‘Add to all Policies’ box if you want to add the blocked site to all security sites.
- Then click the ‘Add’ option.
- Now the website is blocked.
Procedure To Unblock Things From McAfee Antivirus
- At first, begin with your McAfee software.
- Visit the ‘Web and email protection’ and click on the ‘View Firewall and Anti-Spam Settings’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Firewall’ option to open the Firewall window in your desktop.
- Click on the ‘Internet Connections for Programs’.
- After selecting the ‘Internet Connections for Programs’ you can get a program permission list.
- Select the program which you want to unblock from McAfee of the program permission list using the scroll bar.
- After finding the program select it and click the ‘Edit’ option.
- Select access from the drop-down box and choose the appropriate access permission.
- To allow for the sending and receiving data program select the ‘Full’ button. And click the ‘Outgoing’ option to allow the program to transfer the data.
- Then click the ‘Send’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘Send’ option the program will be activated for new internet access permission.
- Now your McAfee blocking website is unlocked.
How To Allow a Website In Mcafee Antivirus?
Whenever you decide to set permission to allow a website in your web then confirm that your children are safe to visit this site and ensure that McAfee Intel Security is installed in your system so that you can allow the McAfee blocking website in your web.
- At the beginning go to the home page and open the ‘Parental Control’ option.
- Go to the main parental control and select the ‘Edit’ option.
- Enter your user name and password and click on the ‘Enter’ option.
- Click the ‘Arrow’ option to expand the option s and then select the ‘Optional settings’.
- Enter the website address in the ‘Website Address’ track.
- Then click the ‘Allow’ and ‘Add’ options.
- If you want to allow another website then follow the above steps and after that click on the ‘Done’ option.
How to Set Up Web Blocking In McAfee Family Protection?
- This web blocking set up process is for the McAfee family protection.
- Open the ‘McAfee family protection’ by double-clicking on the icon from your desktop.
- Then enter your username and password to log in the ‘McAfee family protection’.
- Go to the ‘Web Blocking’ option and
- Then select the ‘Choose banned categories’.
- After that select the category of the website which you want to block.
- Then click on enable or disable option.
- Click ‘Save Settings’ button.
- The next step is to create an own site list to allow or block.
- Click on the ‘ Create Your Own Site Lists’ option and go to the ‘Site address’ box.
- Enter the URL which you want to block in the ‘Site Address’ box.
- Then choose any one option either ‘Allow Site’ or ‘Ban Site’.
- Select the ‘Add this site for all users’ option and click on the ‘Add site option’.
- Click the ‘Configure banned keywords/phrases’ option and choose the ‘Block Profanity’ to use the predetermined list.
- Enter the words into the and click the ‘Add Keyword’ option to specify your word.
- If you want to remove the word from the list then select the words and click on the ‘Remove selected words’ option.
- The next step is to control the access for Youtube and streaming media.
- Click the ‘Youtube and streaming media’ option.
- Select any one option for managing the Youtube.
- Choose the media players which you want to block.
- At last, click the ‘Save setting’ option.
- Now your web blocking is set up successfully in the McAfee family protection.
In a few cases, the McAfee users or the McAfee customers cannot understand and simplify the problems related to the McAfee antivirus in this situation you can get help and guidance from McAfee Customer Service. McAfee Support number is free for all the McAfee users those who have issues related to the McAfee antivirus. At the last of the blog, we should refer you to keep installing McAfee in your system and use your system and web with secure protection.